British Embassy, Kathmandu
Position Title: Technical Works Assistant /Generator Technician – S2
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Subcategory: Estates
Main purpose of job:
To carry out effective day to day maintenance work, routine maintenance, preventive maintenance, breakdown maintenance, new installation and construction works.
Roles and responsibilities
- Assist team to do maintenance service request tasks on regular basis to continue the mission’s operations.
- Follow FCO health & safety standard in regular works.
- Assist to complete the planned preventive maintenance (PPM) works and meet the deadline as per our planner.
- Ad hoc tasks delegated by Technical Works Supervisor (TWS) and provide updates on the same.
- Performing full operation and maintenance of emergency diesel – engine generator set.
- To carry out no load test and load testing of engine generator test according to preventive maintenance schedule.
- To work with the mechanical and electrical technicians in the preventive and corrective maintenance of all units of diesel engine generator sets.
- To carrying out installation of new three phase and single phase power generator and used small home generator ( crisis generator).
- To carry out repair / servicing and maintenance as per PPM of any types of battery.
- To carry out the check up of the solar panel, solar collector, water heaters, motors and generator as per PPM.
- To carry out the routine cleaning/servicing of generator and freeze, D-Freeze, washing M/C, dryer M/C, air purifier.
- Assisting all the trade persons to carry out their new tasks i.e. Electrician, Plumber, Painter, A/C Technician, Mason and Carpenter.
- To carry out installation of fire safety equipment and home appliances.
Schedule/Preventive maintenance works
- To conduct daily inspection and housekeeping of all diesel engine generator set to check battery charge status and hydrometer battery water testing, radiator water, engine lubrication oil level and lead acid testing of lubrication oil, water jacket heater operation and to keep accurate logs and records of all operating parameters.
- To keep accurate record of all activities and load testing of the generator sets.
- Coordinates with the supervisor for the efficient maintenance and operation of the all equipment and in the preparation of all reports.
- Operate generator, the filtration plant & swimming pool system for conducting weekend duty.
- Keep & clean tools and machines in proper position after using it.
- Carry out on-call responsibilities on a rota basis.
- Develop your skills in all trades to meet mission’s multi-tasking policies
- Take the responsibility and custody of maintenance stores and procurement as per need
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- TSLC on relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in relevant field.
- 2 and 4 wheel vehicle driving license.
- Computer literate – Word, Outlook (email) and Excel.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Basic knowledge of telephony, IT ,plumbing and fire alarm system.
- Changing and Improving, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Application deadline: 30 December 2017
Type of Position: Permanent
Working hours per week: 36
Region: South Asia & Afghanistan
Location (City): Kathmandu
Type of Post: British Embassy
Number of vacancies: 1
Starting monthly salary (NPR): Npr 33,233 per month
Start Date: 1 February 2018
Other benefits and conditions of employment
For British Embassy candidates, the Local Staff BE Terms & Conditions will apply.
For other than British Embassy candidates, The total annual remuneration package for this position is NPR 432,029 which includes Provident Fund contribution.
The successful candidate will be provided with annual leaves, maternity/paternity and membership in the Embassy medical benefits scheme as per the Terms & Conditions of Services.The British Embassy in Kathmandu is part of a world-wide network of 240 Posts, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas.
This is a good opportunity to be part of a strong, diverse team, working in the biggest network that FCO has anywhere across the globe. We are aiming to make it the best.The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on grounds of ethnic origin, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
- Completed the Online Job Application Form.
- Attach a detailed CV.
- Appraisals of last two years ( Internal candidates only).
Please note :
- Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquires will be dealt with.
- The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references and medical check.
HOW TO APPLY
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed.
Source: The Himalayan Times, December 14, 2017