Programme Assistant, GS-6
Job no: 510916
Department/Office: Kathmandu, Nepal
Position type: Temporary Appointment
UN Salary Scale for GS-6 in Nepal: NRs. 1637393 (Annual) – UN Official Salary Scale, effective 1 July 2017
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Under the guidance and supervision of the Chief of Education (Level 4), the Program Assistant supports the Education Section through providing range of procedural, administrative, and operational support in developing, implementing, executing and monitoring their country programme, ensuring effective and timely delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations. Regularly monitors program supply and distribution plan, as well as initiates the procurement process and coordinates with Supply unit for timely delivery of supplies to the end users.
Key Expected Results
• Develops Education supply plan and regularly monitors it to ensure timely receipt and distribution of supplies to the end users.
• Monitors requisitions and POs/ Contracts to ensure completion of procurement actions in a timely manner.
• Corresponds with Programme Sections/ Field offices and suppliers on supply matters
• Generates and compiles a variety of reports from SAP, Dashboard and others sources, and performs routine analysis.
• Ensures continuous availability of data related to procurement, including forecasting requisitions received, orders placed, incoming goods, actual delivery schedules. Prepares periodic reports, and ad-hoc reports as needed.
• Maintains supplier database and flies with files with full information, in accordance with UNICEF supply guidelines. Corresponds with Global Shared Services Centre, colleagues and vendors on vendor registration activities.
• Maintains vendor and reporting files with all required procurement documentation (registration forms, vendor evaluations, correspondence, etc.)
• Responsible for timely processing of payments to the vendors.
• Carry out administrative and operational tasks for programme activities. This includes end user monitoring visits to project sites.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
• Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
• Minimum Six years of progressively responsible clerical or administrative work, of which at least one year is closely related to supply monitoring.
• Fluency in English and in the local language of the duty station required.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
• Diversity and Inclusion
• Working with People
• Drive for Results
• Applying technical expertise
• Planning and organizing
• Following Instructions and Procedures
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
Last date to apply: Mar 05 2018